To avoid date rape or unnecessary pressure for sex, but still have a great time together try some of the following ideas. Most of these will be more fun if you invite two or three other couples or common friends to go along with you:
- Watch a school sports match together - cheering for the same team can really make you click!
- Coach your date in what you're good at like Pool, Basketball etc. You have no idea how impressed he/she will be.
- Ten Pin Bowling - it's something new to do in Guyana and can be great fun, even if you only want to watch.
- Get ice cream together.
- Hang out in a coffee shop - chat over a drink and perhaps a sweet treat!
- Exercise together - If you are both trying to exercise regularly, try getting together a couple of times a week for walking,
riding, jogging, etc.
- Go to the Zoo - it can be a fun place to go not just for kids.
- Hold a video party - pick up a DVD or two and invite some people over. Ask everyone to bring snacks and beverages.
- Go on a charitable date where you and your partner go volunteer to do something together.
Here are some ideas:
Habitat for humanity - Work one day building a house with habitat for humanity.
Volunteer activities - The two of you might volunteer at a fund raising event, a blood drive, or other community activity.
- Go window shopping - low on budget, high on entertainment
- Go on a Picnic - plan a picnic at a local park or natural area. Invite some friends along if you want a little less intimacy.
- Go to church together - If you are both religious, take your date to your church and then go to your date's church the next
- Go to a club or youth event - If one of you is in a club, the other can tag along to see what it is like, make new friends and
participate in club activities.
- Read the story of Super Gang and the Player together.
If things start to get out of hand, just say NO! If that doesn't work call for help. In the worst case scenario of date rape visit a counseling centre.